Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2013-07-05 20:02:33

David Bird
Eggcornista

Tweet little eggcorns

The last of the ripe eggcorns that were tweeting when harvested. I’ve added live ones, plucked from the wild, as evidence. Acorns spend, absurd, sow your wild oats, socialite, gel.

making money dont make me happy; spinning money make me happy. I love this one, so rich with connotations. Carefree; productive; you spins your money and you takes a chance.

do you wan’t the government tell you how to spin your money when you get old
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFudJmDRvLA

wan’t. oh yeah.

the thought of me needing a bitch sounds observed. But not religiously.

She’s different, she lived and grew up in Alaska, a state surrounded by Russians and Canadians :D. Why people continue to make such a big deal about her mannerisms is completely observed.
http://www.zeldasages.com/forums/thread … igns.2627/

its kinda sad really… didn’t even get to soil my royal oats that much in college. Now this one is a nice double banger, that makes a further conceit of the two senses of soil.

Does anyone believe in “sewing your royal oats” before you get married?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 508AA9l9wu

OP: I once heard of a study ( I of course can not remember where…) that is linking alleged higher levels of estrogen in males to women flushing their hygene products into the water supply. Now I am not stating that I believe this, but it would almost make sense when looks at how the role of males is changing in society almost on its own without any current social revolution going on. This could also lead to changes in sexuality perhaps by lessening it in males, thus giving modern males a smaller need to soil their royal oats so to speak…
A: Mike, I think you meant SOW their royal oats
OP: Hahahahahah! Jackie! I didn’t even notice that. I wonder what kind of pharmaceuticals can make a man soil his oats.
Why we’ll all be gay in the future

he thought that he just needed to soil is royal oats sort to speak.
http://www.datehookup.com/Thread-243280.htm

social light. A schmoozing luminary.

His daughter was one of the social lights, not only of colonial Virginia, but of London, where she is reputed to have been beloved by the dashing Earl of Peterborough.
E-book

why r u jailing your damn bang to ur forehead girl stop lol. Hair jail. Better than the original.

Nice curls but I’m not a fan of the Shirley Temple look.
What product do you use to jail your hair back
http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/transit … nt-45.html

#2 2013-07-05 22:35:11

kem
Eggcornista

Re: Tweet little eggcorns

Hair jail. C’est prodigieux! I see a number of web references to “hair jail” that look genuine.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#3 2013-12-27 09:01:22

kem
Eggcornista

“Social lite” for “socialite” is good—has an element of sarcasm. “Social light,” which also seems to be a substitute for “socialite,” may not always carry a negative sense.

Picture label: “More That She Is A Social Light Who Has No Originality”

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#4 2013-12-28 19:16:14

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

These are AWESOME!!!

#5 2023-05-06 08:57:35

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

I heard someone say “sold his wild oats” and found only an oaks variation, and examples of them being soaked already in the Database. Rather than start a new thread I felt I should park my parsimonious and arrogant oats near the absurd splendour of David B’s soiled royal ones.

Do you have a fall back plan or is this just a kind of selling your wild oats for a while type of concept?

Yeah she’s you say she’s not out selling her Wild Oats but she’s definitely doing everything else.

... trying to build something long term with me, already sold his wild oats. cause he’s in his thirties and I’m in my early twenties.

Then the three are off to sell their wild oats. But as fortune would have it they find out what happens when alcohol and hormones mix.

Board footer