Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2014-12-20 18:53:56

David Bird
Eggcornista

Paris breasts

The Paris-Brest-Paris bicycle race of 1910 was celebrated by the introduction of a new pancreas-stressing dessert – the Paris-Brest. It is doughnut-shaped, as a tip of the chef’s hat to the bicycle wheel, and is filled with praline-flavoured cream (that is, nuts-and-sugar), in homage to all those calories they must have burned. In fact, the riders traditionally scoff down several of these during the race. Today I wandered into an Italian pastry shop up in La Petite Patrie, as the Italian quarter here is known. The names of all of the pastries were written in Italian, making them somewhat tongue twisting to order. An exception was this one.

It’s not the traditional wheel, since they’ve added a jolly aureola and a pert cherry. Don’t know if this was the patry chef’s joke or whether they’ve brought the design in line with their understanding of the name, but I got a good laugh out of it.

#2 2014-12-20 19:32:53

burred
Eggcornista

Re: Paris breasts

Support for Paris Breasts, as an eggcorn, comes in prima persona from another Italian cook:

Paris Breast
Quanto mi piace il nome di questi dolci di pasta choux farciti all’interno….
ogni volta mi viene in mente Parigi degli anni ’30 la città dell’Amore ….
con le parigine eleganti che si avviano in un caffetteria con le amiche tra una cioccolata calda un dolcetto e tante risate…
eh si sono una di quelle donne che piacciono le cose belle di una volta.

(My translation: Paris Breast. How I love the name of these sweet stuffed choux pastries ....
every time I am reminded of Paris of the ‘30s, the city of Love ….
with Parisian chic that starts in a café with friends having a hot chocolate, a treat and lots of laughter …
eh I am one of those women who like the beautiful things of the past.)

#3 2014-12-21 08:23:35

kem
Eggcornista

Re: Paris breasts

Four days before Christmas. A bad time to put yourself on the Naughty List.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer