Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2017-05-31 11:47:46

pwoodford
Website

Tamper Down for Tamp Down

From Business Insider (http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tw … acy-2017-5)

“Twitter on Tuesday sought to tamper down a theory that went viral in left-leaning circles over the weekend — that President Donald Trump had …”

On On,
Paul Woodford
Paul’s Thing

#2 2017-06-02 08:53:16

burred
Eggcornista

Re: Tamper Down for Tamp Down

Interesting new twist. I wonder if there’s not some damper thrown into the mix. That would connect it to other blends that have been tampered with : tamp «» damp, damp water.

Is this flavour also in the background?

What technique works best to temper down constant fights and quarrels among two young brothers?
quora

Redundo-blending mixed with hot tempers. Or maybe it’s okay? I can’t tell any more.

#3 2017-06-03 18:36:03

pwoodford
Website

Re: Tamper Down for Tamp Down

I first saw the Business Insider blurb on Google News, took a screen grab, and posted it to my @fitofpeak Twitter account under the caption “Tamp ‘er down!”

On On,
Paul Woodford
Paul’s Thing

Board footer