Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2008-04-02 19:05:47

billyphuz
Website

"new leash on life"

“In the grand scheme of things…you need psychiatric help! These were words you said November 26, 2007. Get a new leash on life and stop. Someone like you I really expected more from.”

http://www.theschwartzreport.com/vb/sho … p?p=195671

This was is hard to Google, since apparently there is a punny animal shelter called “A New Leash On Life.” But I think it’s a keeper.

“Let’s not get bogged down in semantics.”—Homer Simpson to Gary Coleman

#2 2008-04-03 03:57:17

patschwieterman
Administrator

Re: "new leash on life"

I was convinced that this one had already been contributed, but I couldn’t find it. Perhaps I saw it on some other site (it’s listed at http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/more.html). Or perhaps I’m just thinking of this post on “kept on a short leash”>>”kept on a short lease”: http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=414

#3 2008-04-03 04:56:48

klakritz
Eggcornista

I also found ‘a new leaf on life.’ It’s what comes of combining ‘turn over a new leaf’ and ‘a new lease on life.’ Examples:

So I would like to say “Thank-you Carol Henderson of New Day Hypnotherapy for giving me a new leaf on life.” -Sherri Shipley of Adrian Missouri …
www.newdayhypno.com/stop_smoking_hypnosis_eft.html

Herman gets a new leaf on life after almost falling to his death, and sets out to establish a new world record for working continuously until he drops.
www.tv.com/hermans-head/show/488/episode.html

They credit ACT for giving them a new leaf on life, for teaching them that there’s a lot more to life than a paycheck…
www.acthelps.org/stories.htm

... the Youth Centre will provide young people in conflict with the law with skills that will enable them to find work and have a new leaf on life.
www.search.gov.za/info/previewDocument. … 2915151001

I love the new me and I thank god that I was afforded the opportunity and chance at a new leaf on life.
www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/membe … 1143905919

Since this is Monday, it is time for a budget update as a part of my new leaf on life.
bouncingbackfrombankruptcy.blogspot.com/2007/08/budget-update.html

Last edited by klakritz (2008-04-03 04:57:45)

#4 2008-04-04 01:44:44

billyphuz
Website

I like this one!

“Let’s not get bogged down in semantics.”—Homer Simpson to Gary Coleman

Board footer