Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2015-12-28 14:46:31

David Bird
Eggcornista

The geography of Eggcornistan

Some place names that figure in the latest issue of Natural Geographic.

Up until about 20 minutes ago, I also thought those mountains in the northeast were called the Apple- Asian Mountains. Damn catholic schools
Twitter

Sonofabitch, I never saw it spelled, I always thought it was the “Outer Rondacks”.
imgur

My brother-in-law’s mom always says “Adirondike” chair.
Eggcorn thread

The mountains that form the world’s longest chain of mountains are called ...
(Andy’s Mountains)
quizlet

Dad, Jack, and me in Niece, France, doing what we do best; eating
vacation snaps

And the Gumball 3000 is underway. Here’s raw footage from the start in Paul Mall, London, yesterday.
Car rally

You might have heard of that big hydroelectric project in China: the Three Gouges, also known as the Three Gorgeous dams. A 2006 post did refer to the ready substitution of gouge for gorge when talking about overconsumption.

China taking over the world – more crap – one missile into the three gouges dam and they will have too much mess to clean up to be bothered with us.
bravado

I would support the three gouges dam because it helps china by producing cleaner energy and the boat traveling is safer.
blog comment

The project of the Three Gouges Dam in China involves two agents, the local inhabitants being one and the remaining whole population in China being the other,
Conflict resolution case studies

How can I get to three gorgeous dam from Chongqing? nin hao ma…?how can i go to three gorgeous dams, location if i am in shapingba district of Chongqing…?
[Answer]: You can take bus from Chongqing to Wanzhou and then take ferry from Wanzhou to the Three Gorgeous Dam.
Travel China guide

And besides, the Three Gorgeous Dam is simply the biggest and most stunning dam in terms of technology, architecture and engineering.
New wonders of the world

Off the top of my head, we have already visited Rec Beach and the Falls do Iguazu. Acorns: Appalachian, Adirondack, Nice, Pall Mall, Three Gorges.

#2 2015-12-28 18:30:07

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

Re: The geography of Eggcornistan

David Bird wrote:

Up until about 20 minutes ago, I also thought those mountains in the northeast were called the Apple- Asian Mountains. Damn catholic schools
Twitter

Reminds me of this .

#4 2015-12-29 18:57:33

crispybacon

I’ve heard this one in real life (from a kid of about ten, admittedly):

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22/33 … ondon.html
You might want to visit The Rainforest Cafe for food, i’ve heard it’s good for kids with a rain forest theme. It’s just off Piccadilly Circus onto Shaftesbury Avenue (you’ll also me right near Hamley’s Toy Shop on Regent Street and, in the opposite direction, Leicester Square and it’s M&M store. Just down from that is Triangular Square, Downing Street, Parliamentary and so on.

#5 2016-01-11 13:49:13

kem
Eggcornista

Helpful list, David. You can also add

Mr. Griver (Mystic River) Bridge
Stonehedge

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer